Tuesday, May 27, 2008

quick look

Burnout didn't even place in the cookoff. It thurned out pretty tasty but it wasnt as good as last year. I think it was a lil like Beerfest, we didnt drink enough this year to remember what we had put into it. It was still a fun weekend.

Palmer was leaving to Paso Robles on Sunday just north of Buellton where my uncle lives. We loaded up my scoot in Palmer's truck and started the 8 hour trip. We stayed at the barracks at Camp Roberts. The first night we were there Palmer's boss Jay and his wife Kim invited us over for dinner. We had 2" thick rib steaks, salad & mac salad. It was wonderful. They let me in on thier marinade secrets; Scotch and 7up. It was a great steak. The next night Palmer and I went to the Elk Horn. They had Firestone Double Barrel on tap. I drank two and was already getting a lil salty.

It was 103 the entire time I was in Paso. When I headed down to Buellton it got down right cold. Thursday morning my uncle Steve and I were heading to Santa Barbara we stopped at Refugio Beach for a morning dip. The ocean is always cool so you learn to just rip the band aid off and get over it. So I ran and dove into the water. There was the initial shock, "damn that's cold!" but I pushed through. I dove under the next wave, and to my shock my balls were gone! I thought to myself, "you've come this far don't stop now?" After the third wave I got a horrible cold headache. I wised up at this point and got out.

I was planning to head home on Saturday but it was raining everywhere. I watched the weather channel for a while and finally just said screw it. I jumped on my scoot and rode. It was a 490 mile drive. I got rained on 3 times. It takes about 45 mins at 80 mph to dry off after getting soked. By the time I got to Hawthorne I was freezing. It took me 3 hours, a scorching shower, and the wood stove to bring my core temp back up.

Now I'm heading to Michigan for a couple weeks.

No comments: